31 August 2013

The Book of Me, Prompt 1: Who are you?

Who am I?

I am strong.
I am (somewhat) disabled.
I am a woman.
I am a mother.
I am a wife.
I am true.
I am vulnerable.
I am a meteorologist.
I am a family historian.
I am scared.
I am stressed.
I am doubtful.
I am insecure.
I am wandering.
I am musical.
I am a reader.
I am a teacher.
I am a friend.
I am a sister.
I am a daughter.
I am a Kappa Kappa Gamma.
I am a volunteer.
I am a Valparaiso Crusader.
I am a Nittany Lion.
I am an Ohioan.
I am homesick.
I am a 'city gal.'

4 comments:

  1. Oooh well you've intrigued me already. I'm assuming that a Kappa Kappa Gamma is some kind of college name. Is that right? But I have no idea what a Valparaiso Crusader or a Nittany Lion is. They sound kind of neat. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alex, thanks for reading my post! Yes, Kappa Kappa Gamma is a university women's social fraternity. I attended Valparaiso University and Penn State University, so that's where the Crusader and Nittany Lion come from.

      Delete
  2. My 9 year old granddaughter would be so impressed that you are a meteorologist. She is a real weather watcher right now because she worries about bad storms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome, Kristin! I was definitely very interested in the weather at your granddaughter's age. When I was about 10 or 11, I actually started keeping a daily weather journal. I have several meteorologist friends who studied it in college BECAUSE the weather frightened them as children. So, they figured the best was to overcome those fears was to simply understand WHY the atmosphere did what it did.

      Delete