10 September 2013

Newspaper from Birthday

Here is the front page of The Cleveland Plain Dealer from November 4, 1978, my birthday.  It's not that unique, really, or even historically nostalgic.  We've got a story about a guy traveling across the nation in a covered wagon to protest high taxes (yikes), a story about the financial woes of the City of Cleveland (I see nothing's changed there), a story about problems with the Carter administration (standard in every newspaper edition from 1977-1980), and a story about a violent crime in the city (Again, I see nothing has changed there).

2 comments:

  1. Well darn!! Did you try the Social Pages? or a Business Section page? Entertainment? Front pages weren't always interesting - which is GOOD news, actually. Cheers. I've never done this, but then I was born in WW2, so I suspect there will be LOTS of war propaganda and news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I should go look at entertainment, although the 'entertainment' of the 1970s was oftentimes questionable, LOL!

    ReplyDelete