11 October 2013

31 Days To Write The Story Of Your Family - Day 10: Family Treasures

Most of the family 'heirlooms' that I currently possess are not in any way valuable in the monetary sense, but they do hold sentimental value.  I have already written about some of them on my other blog, so I will just list them and post links.

From my maternal grandmother:
- Musical snow globe that is neither old nor valuable, but I just have memories of it upon her shelf in her house:

My Grandma's Musical Snow Globe

From my paternal grandmother:
- Cookie tin and her recipe for chocolate chip cookies

I imagine that someday our kids will hang onto my and my husband's wedding bands.  And considering how much time and effort I put into photo albums and family history research, I also hope that at least one of my children will cherish those when I'm gone, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment