12 October 2013

31 Days To Write The Story Of Your Family - Day 11: Legends and Lore

Day 11: Legends and Lore

The older members of my family weren't really storytellers, so I don't have many elaborate stories about my grandparents or great-grandparents.  My Italian great-grandfather immigrated to America before his wife and children in order to get a job and home for his family before they came over.  My uncle told me that my Italian great-grandmother got tired of waiting for him to send for them so she sold off some of her jewelry and bought passage tickets for herself and her two daughters.  (And I completely believe this story, because I knew my great-grandmother, and it's very much like what she would do.)  

I blog regularly about my and my husband's family histories, but it's mostly about what I have been able to learn about our ancestors from documents and newspaper articles.  I try to include stories about MY childhood, because I know that someday my children and (hopefully) grandchildren will like to hear about the 'olden days' when I was a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment