17 October 2013

31 Days To Write The Story Of Your Family - Day 16: Family Vacations

31 Days to Write the Story of Your Family

Day 16: Family Vacations

I've mentioned in a previous post that my husband and I love traveling with our kids and taking them on vacations. And while we have been to a couple 'beachy,' touristy places, we are not really beach people, so we try to create other types of vacations.  We love history and we love visiting national historic places and national parks.  We went to the Black Hills of South Dakota on our honeymoon, and on our 'babymoon' we went to the Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon and Zion National Park in Utah.  We've also visited various old military forts and settlements, as well as Native American monuments.  I am a big city kind of person, so I love taking my kids to different cities and exploring the streets, museums, shops and restaurants.  

Our son in front of the Castillo de San Marcos, St. Augustine, FL
With my daughter and son in front of St. Louis Cathedral in New Orleans

Growing up, we didn't travel too much, and we when we did, we always drove.  (I was 18 before I ever flew on an airplane.)  We visited my aunt and uncle in North Carolina a couple of times and another uncle in Tennessee.  My brothers played hockey growing up, and there was always a winter tournament in Buffalo, NY that they competed in.  Seriously, who visits Niagara Falls in January?  We did!

With my three brothers, Niagara Falls, 1990

1 comment: