14 October 2013

31 Days To Write The Story Of Your Family - Day 14: Spring and Summertime

31 Days To Write The Story Of Your Family

Day 14: Spring and Summertime

Our family usually marks the beginning of Spring by celebrating Easter.  The kids like to go on Easter egg hunts and we all dress up and attend Easter Sunday mass together.  We don't have any birthdays to celebrate in the springtime, though.  My kids love to play outside, so it's pretty hard for them during the winter when they are all cooped up in the house.  Spring is so wonderful because they get to play outside more and they are just generally happier because of that.  I look forward to my perennials coming up every year, and I find the anticipation especially exciting if I planted new bulbs the previous fall.  I also look forward to the return of baseball in the spring.  My extended family just loves following baseball, so it's sort of ingrained within me. 

My kids also love going to parades, so we usually take them to the local parades on Memorial Day and on the Fourth of July. Our wedding anniversary is on July 3rd, so we usually celebrate that during the Fourth of July week/weekend as well.  Our neighborhood pool is open between Memorial Day and Labor Day each year, and, of course, the kids love going there as much as possible.  My daughter's birthday is towards the end of August, and it is wonderful to have friends and family over to celebrate and enjoy the pleasant outdoor weather together.

No comments:

Post a Comment