18 October 2013

31 Days To Write The Story Of Your Family - Day 18: Family Food

31 Days to Write the Story of Your Family

Day 18: Family Foods

*Sigh* I am not the most motivated cook, and neither is my husband, so our usual daily dinners are usually not very exciting.  In addition, my children are very picky eaters, so it's not even worth it for us to try new recipes because there is a 95% chance they won't eat it.  Usually for me and my husband, I make tacos, meatloaf, or chicken entrees.  My kids will eat pasta (no sauce, just butter and cheese), French toast, Mac n Cheese, pizza, cheeseburgers, and maybe an occasional cheese quesadilla.  They do like cereal with milk, string cheese,  waffles, yogurt, and fruit, and there have been many days when I just make a meal out of any combination of those foods for them.  

We do enjoy eating out, and we probably do so more than we should.  My husband and I would love to try more different ethnic food places, but we usually just end up going somewhere like Steak N Shake or Applebee's because we know the kids will actually eat something there.


No comments:

Post a Comment